COLLEGE BEST PRACTICES
Compulsory Computer Education
1. Title of the Practice: Compulsory Computer Education for the students at free of charge.
2. Goal: The basic objective has been to make the students Skilled in Computer Education so that after graduation students can get better opportunities in Job Market or can make them self employable.
3. The Context: The Context: The step has been taken on the basis of our survey that has revealed the following: • lack of computer proficiency among majority of students. • poor performance of some students in computer application due to non conducive atmosphere at their home front.
4. The Practice:
• At the entry level into the Intermediate and Degree Programmes each student is enrolled into six (06) month diploma in Computer computer application at a very nominal price at Rs.100/-(one hundred) only and awarded with a certificate from the college after successful completion of the course.
• Enrolled students are divided into different groups and classes are taken in accordance with their regular class routine so that students don’t face any trouble in taking computer classes.
• Classes are taken in ICT hub of the college which is well equipped with 21 nos of computers and with LAN and internet facility.
• The IQAC of the college keeps close contact with the enrolled students for micro monitoring of them for ensuring better technical performances and entrusted an instructor for their classes.
• Students have open access of the ICT hub during office hours with high speed free internet facility as well as digital library resources.
5. Evidence of Success:
• Students have realized the benefit of computer literacy and more students are joining in the course provided by the college.
• It is expected that this practice of the college will help the students in their future career in the present competitive world.
• It is also expected that this practice in the long run will enrich the academic reputation of the college.
6. Problems Encountered and Resources Required: It is found that majority of students are lacking of basic knowledge of computer use. Again, initially some students were found absent in computer classes after taking admission into the courses. However, this has changed gradually and students have started attending the same regularly as their attendance is strictly monitored by the authority.
academic resources to the underprivileged schools
1. Title of the Practice: A mission to provide academic resources to the underprivileged schools and thereby to ensure eradication of academic disparity among privileged and underprivileged institutions.
2. Goal: it is a long term mission with the following goals –
• To adopt schools of this region and to provide necessary academic help to these underprivileged academic institutions.
• To bring the vast Library resources of the College to the doorsteps of the academic institutions of the region
• To provide the services of the Guest Lecturers at the institutions.
• To undertake a sustainable drive to popularize the arts subjects among the students to attempt the civil services exam.
3. The Context: The feeder region to this College is one such region where mostly the socio economically disadvantaged people dwell. Social unrest, poverty, susceptibility of the girl child to the lure of anti social and anti national elements, superstition, witch-hunt etc. are the major ailments that have been crippling the society. It is believed that Academic development of the region can solve these to a good extent. Being an academic institution with sufficient resources and trained manpower, it is our duty to help them.
4. The Practice: The Mission has a multifarious Character, and hence has multi dimensional activities of its different wings
(a) Adoption of School:
• MoUs have been signed with the schools.
•Visiting lecturer are sent periodically to these schools
The institution gives much emphasis to extension activities that help the students imbibe lessons for life, lessons beyond the textbook and the class room which can make an impactful change in the world